Friday 23 September 2011

Autumn adventures






Since Autumn term has started I have been trying to make the most of any days I have with Luke and we've been on a few small but beautiful adventures...

The stunning Abbotsbury gardens where if you make the effort you can view what appears to be the whole of Chesil beach as it stretches in either direction or like Luke you may prefer the canons, large koi carp and the play park.

If you pay a small donation at the RSPB centre at Radipole Nature Reserve you can get a bag of bird seed. Both Luke and I had fun feeding the various ducks, enormous cygnets and other visiting birds while keeping watch for the kingfisher that has been seen in this area. I even had a duck trying to get the seed from my hand before the pigeons got it!

We have just spent a sunny morning at Upwey as we went to see the Wishing Well, water gardens and the gorgeous gallery. Although the well is in a gloomier part of the garden it felt magical and mysterious and the water was so clean. I saw a flash of bright blue as a small bird whipped past us along the river, I'm pretty certain that I had at last glimpsed the elusive kingfisher. Luke loved the watching the water and crossing the bridges and we were both reluctant to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment