Monday 12 September 2011

The Get Away





Camping in September is a gamble but then camping in this country is always a gamble...

We put our new tent up in the dark, damp evening in what seemed to be the start of a hurricane. I was trying to reassure my son Luke that everything was OK while praying that we would not take off like a parachute in the wild and rampaging night!

Amazingly enough the wind settled down and we slept soundly til morning.

The few short days away were wind blown but the rain stayed away in the daylight hours. I grabbed my camera when the sunshine poured its way through the blustery skyline. There were random highlights including a fantastic bowl of donated chips, a hastily assembled team to get our tent standing, family time in an amazing setting, seeing the buzz my son got from being on a boat and a roaring fire quelled by the rain.

There was also a massive appreciation of home comforts on our return.

No comments:

Post a Comment