Friday 30 September 2011

Reunion and cake


Last Saturday I went to our first ever school reunion. I wasn't sure what to expect and I had mixed feelings about it but I'm so glad I went. It was fun to catch up with friends but meeting people I haven't seen in over 20 years was really interesting. The apparent bunch of strangers that stood at the bar on my arrival gradually seemed to transform before my eyes until I could see the people they were when we were at school.

Today I participated in the world's biggest coffee morning in aid of Macmillan. Inspired by my sister who has done it for 13 years I thought it was about time I gave it a go and a good excuse to get the lovely old tea cups out that once belonged to my Nan. With some family, friends and friendly neighbours we raised cash for a great cause and ate far too much cake!

It has been quite fun sharing my experiences online and some of the feedback I have got has been really beautiful and inspiring. Thank you so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment