Friday 19 August 2011

Why Blog?

Someone asked me today, "What is that thing you're doing? It's a bit strange isn't it!" whilst referring to my Blog. I have put my Blog address on facebook for people who know me to take a look if they want to and some of them are new to this strange Blogging lark!

So, the basics...

Blog comes from the two words 'web log' blended together.

Basically it's an online journal. Some people use it to write about what they've been up to or express themselves and others to promote their business or creative projects. (Some people can make money from it!)

I guess I'm somewhere in between.

I have kept a diary off and on for over 30 years and I like to learn so I'm combining the two in an experimental way. I'm giving it a go. I'm having fun.

So if you don't like it don't worry about it. There are many other blogs that are beautiful, fun or focus on different ideas. It was estimated that there were over 450 million English speaking Blogs in 2009 so maybe there's one that you will like somewhere!

But if you do like it. Great. Thanks. I appreciate it hugely.



No comments:

Post a Comment